About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Drumming Along

There must be something wrong with me. My oldest is a senior this year and had his senior pictures today. We had to go to 2 locations for different "staging" options. And last week I registered him for school for the last time. I realize I'm supposed to be really sad about this and tug more tightly to those apron strings. I just can't find a way to right now. I'm desperate for him to be out on his own, experiencing life away - and I think he'll appreciate home more afterward. Other mothers were chatting today saying they couldn't believe it was the last (fill in the blank) we'll do with our kids. I was just so excited he was going through all this with me.

But I'm a sucker for a marching band. I have a strong feeling as soon as I hear the first drum roll at the first game, I'll make a grab for the kleenex.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, am a sucker for the marching band.
Take pictures and be thankful you don't have girls... I can't imagine how frustrating it will be for me to get 14 different outfits and hair-and-makeup combos together for ONE of their senior portraits.

bethbbk said...

Thing 1 said that girls at school that are in the popular crowd do that (many different outfits and locales). Most of his friends just did the same thing he did - one formal and two outfits for the casual. It was still too hard to pick out one pose for each.