
Thing 1 introducted me to something I've been wanting to blog about for awhile - the animated series "Death Note." While I'm not a huge anime fan, I do enjoy good writing. The creators of this series set out to make a certain number of episodes (37) and end it - tell the story and make way for other projects. I find that very refreshing. Americans usually try to string shows out until they've jumped the shark and viewership plummets. But this show is really, really good. You can watch individual episodes here: http://www.deathnote.tv/. Basic story: A super-smart teen, Light, finds a notebook that was dropped by a demon from the spirit world. As the owner of this notebook, Light has the ability to write someone's name in the book and that someone dies. I realize it sounds gruesome, but Light is also the police chief's son and at least for the majority of the time, Light kills criminals. So he's a crime fighter without a cape or special powers, but he does have a secret identity. And - no one knows. I've watched the series in both Japanese and English. The only wacky part about that is that the voices are completely different. In one version the girlfriend sounds bubbly and in the other her voice is babyish.
On a personal note, I did not finish my HY project by the deadline, so I'm still working away here. I'll receive an Incomplete until it's turned in. Wish me luck, sleep and patience. Peace out.

No comments:
Post a Comment