Major setback at lunch: the 4 year old decided roast beef, seasoned potatoes with skins and carrots were just not worth the trouble. He'd eat the sliced white bread instead thankyouverymuch. I felt like the host of a game show, like Deal or No Deal.
Me: You have one piece of seasoned potato, one smalllll baby carrot and a tiny forkful of roast on your plate. You can have the two slices of bread and you'll need to eat at least one other item to qualify you for dessert.
Him: No deal.
Me: I'll trade you one bite of roast (and a small one at that) with the bread (wrap it up like a sandwich) and you'll get something from the candy drawer.
Him: No deal.
Me. Eat something on your plate that isn't bread and I'll give you that sucker you didn't eat from last week when you got to pick from the treasure chest at kindergarten.
Him: No deal.
Fast forward 5 hours later.
Him: Whatta you make for dinner?
Me: Chicken (shows him the visual as laid out on the cookie pan as I put it in the oven).
Him: Is that macaroni and CHEEEESSSEEEE? (pointing as seen in the microwave).
Me: Yes.
Him: Yummy! (jumps and exits room)
And he ate two helpings of Tyson frozen chicken strips and almost licked the Stouffer's mac n' cheese black plastic pan I nuked the stuff in. What is wrong with this kid?

No comments:
Post a Comment