Maybe it's the season and the mitral valve prolapse related depression, or maybe it's the fact I was watching Five for Fighting and The Fray videos, but I started thinking about things I miss. So here are a few. Please feel free to respond with a few of your own.
1. I miss my grandad. He was a crusty old codger who loved me more than life. I wish I could have had him around my kids. I will never forget the boat rides, fishing, his little red boathouse off the river and his great stories about the big yellow dog that would get me if I wasn't a good little girl.
2. I miss the child I miscarried. I know that's a bit different, but I had such high hopes for that child and was completely inconsolable for a long time. I called my sister and told her to call the rest of the family and to make sure no one called or dropped by. I didn't want to see or talk to anybody. I thought I could just crawl up and die.
3. I missed out on the mother-daughter relationship. I hate that I don't have a daughter but I have no intention on having another child - 3 boys are plenty. My relationship with my mother is less than stellar and I've resigned myself in that matter. Still, I have a hard time with mother-daughter commercials. I once called the local high school to try to sponsor a girl at prom time to buy her dress. I think the school thought I was nuts because I didn't get a call back.
4. On a much lighter note, I miss my old shows, The X Files, Millennium, Space: Above and Beyond and soon to be Pushing Daisies. I can still watch Little House on the Prairie but it has to be on a weekday on Hallmark. I know there is still a StarTrek franchise, but The Next Generation was a really good show. I remember how upset I was at the end of the last season.
5. I miss my Prince memorabilia. I had oodles of Prince buttons, t-shirt, stacks of Ebony/Jet magazines with Prince on the cover, etc. I just think it would be fun to still have. I think I burned it all in the first marriage along with all my rock-n-roll stuff when we were at a certain Baptist Church...
6. Crazy, I know, but I miss the little Shoenhut piano I had when I was a tiny girl. It would be worth $$$ now.
7. I had a best friend/imaginary friend whose name I won't divulge, but I do remember him being the one who took all the blame for my actions and misdeeds. Everyone needs to have someone to blame in their lives, even if it's just when you're 3.

5 comments:
Anne blames Madeline, Madeline blames Lily, and Lily blames us. : )
Good girls!!! And guilt is a powerful weapon.
I miss Veronica Mars, my house on Tombigbee street, but most of all I miss being able to remember things.
Oh, Me Too! I'd love to be able to remember why I walked in a room. Most of all, I forget which kid I'm yelling for. I feel like I call all the wrong names first. The kids look at my like I'm an Alzheimer patient. "Don't you even know my NAME, Mom?" - this is said with much sarcasm.
I miss too much...
Post a Comment