I'm a mom and live in the South. My life is unpredictable at best. This is my attempt at sharing some of it with you. I'd love hearing from you, even if you just stopped by.
About Me
- bethbbk
- Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
- Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Invitation to Disaster
So I called my "relatives' house" to find out when we are celebrating Christmas there. She tells me and I then stupidly ask about what food I should bring. She starts off with how all of us "children" seem to like her lasagna over traditional food (wha...?) and how my family is so picky (wtf) so I should bring a dessert that maybe my family will eat. How insulting of an invitation was that? And they wonder why we don't see them more often. I want to go in there and say, "Here's the lemon tarts, frak you." But I know this is a time of forgiveness and celebration. Maybe my sister and I can gang up on her...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i so feel your pain...
Post a Comment