About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter at my Dad's house and church today. We went to Dad's church as it will be his last Easter sermon. He's retiring and I don't know how many more sermons he'll be doing. Afterward (many miles later) we went to his house to have lunch and an Easter Egg hunt for the smaller grandkids. Here's a picture of them waiting to be told they can go outside and hunt the eggs. The anticipation - the drama.
And here's a picture of me and one of my best friends, my sister Laura. She's in the cool sunglasses with the blond hair. I'm in the regular glasses and brown hair. And she's the only one of the kids who got to be called by their birth name. Go figure!
And here's a picture of my niece, nephew and 4-yr old (he's in the plaid shirt). He loved this holiday, mostly because chocolate is served in heavy portions. Please note this is not my house. I don't decorate in full-splash holiday mode like my step-mother. I believe she goes over every nook and cranny to make sure there are no more than any 6 inches in her house that doesn't have a bunny, egg, ribbon, bow, Easter grass, basket, etc. To her it just isn't a holiday unless it looks like you ingested the holiday and threw it up all over the house. Last is a picture of 4-yr old with my dad at the side of his house, near one of his gardens. You can see 4-yr old's score by looking at his basket.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Beautiful sisters. You guys are like us one blond and one brunette. It looks like you had a great Easter. Yay!

Laura said...

Hooray for scholarships! I am gonna totally bug him.
I had so much fun with you Beth. It would have been more fun if we could have spent more time with each other... one day, one day... Our kids will be all grown and I won't have to get up from the table twenty times and chase screaming children away from the 500 chocolate bunnies scattered around at eye level.
p.s. I think you are cool, too.
Also.. I can't believe you got a picture of Dad where he is sort-of smiling!!

bethbbk said...

We did have a good Easter. And there was drama of course. You can't be a member of this family without it...

Laura - he'd feel bad if you didn't bug him. :)