About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Because I'm a Dentist...

Anyone who's ever seen the movie "Little Shop of Horrors" knows that this is exactly what it is like with my 5-yr old. I have wondered why the police have not come to investigate a murder. His screaming lets them know that he is aware that they are trying to kill him. And in the presence of his mother. AND LOOK, SHE'S WITH THEM!!!!!!

Today will be the semi-annual dentist trip for the older two. But tomorrow (cue the "Jaws" music) will be 5-yr old's day. I'm gearing myself up for it. Pray for me.

4 comments:

Laura said...

LOL.
Do you ever tell him there is a lollipop involved??

Once, I took Anne to the dentist when she was like.. 3. And she told the dentist loudly and very clearly "IF I AM GOOD TODAY, MOMMA IS GONNA TAKE ME TO THE DONUT STORE AND GIVE ME CAAAAANDYYY!"

When I get to heaven, I'm gonna ask Jesus to show me that moment in time so I can show all my friends the look of horror on my face and the smirk the dentist had on his.

bethbbk said...

Our dentist doesn't give candy, she gives out small plastic toys. He did well today. The screaming was still there but they didn't call me back. This means I didn't have to SIT on him. I think it had something to do with the woman with long blond hair who carried him (in her arms) back there. He'd do anything for a blond.

King of New York Hacks said...

My dentist gives out free pain...really good guy. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow. Guess it doesn't help to tell you I hid under the table with magazines and had to be dragged out, still clawing at the carpet, when I was five and at the dentist...