
I don't make resolutions: I attempt to be better than the year before. No sense in making this harder than it has to be, right? So I guess my biggest improvement would be taking that darned GRE. I've done everything to get in to the master's program except take that test. I'll have to study a lot to pass the thing because (if you are new to this blog...) I suck at math. Really. I would not lie about this. Things I might lie about include anything to do with my weight, which is my second betterment of the year. I've lost 2 pounds (don't laugh - it's in the right direction). I'm trying to do some new things to make a gradual adjustment. It's not that I'm hung up on weight. According to my old science teachers, weight is just the gravity it takes to hold you on the earth. So I've wondered, if you keep in a really big poot and weigh yourself, would you weigh less before or after the poot? Hmmm. (Remember - I have boys.)
And I'm working on my sewing. Today I'm wearing a skirt I made out of beautiful wool-blend fabric but it looks pretty bad. It was my first time with a zipper, and I didn't get the band the way I wanted it, so I bought a long sweater to wear over it. (A 50% off cashmere sweater from K-Mart!) I have another skirt I'm working on and would love for it to come out right. But I'm just scared I'll screw it up too. I'll get enough courage up...
Meanwhile, I feel like I should yell at the calendar to just stop a minute because I'm trying to catch up with last year. I've still got thank-you notes to send and more cleaning to do. And in the middle of all this, I'm an editor on a project at UAB and reading all forty some-odd articles is looking at me straight in the face saying, "Wait - you're not through with ME yet!" Got to finish reading. So far, there are some excellent papers and I know I'll be happy to finish this item and check it off.
Christmas was great. I'm going to try to post a picture or two soon.
Much love and happiness to you in the new year!
Beth
P.S. Today the temperature is in the teens. In A-L-A-B-A-M-A. This kind of weather and ICE are expected for the next two weeks. Send care packages. We're used to the holidays in short sleeves.

No comments:
Post a Comment