About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

ThatsawhatIlike

So about me -
Movies are my thing. Music is pretty much second. There's no group, director or even genre that I prefer - I embrace it all. I still laugh until I pee on myself when I watch "Airplane" and cry until I can't talk and have a migrane after watching "Love Story." Every time.

I'm a bit unusual (okay, maybe even more so) because I enjoy and appreciate foreign cinema to American movies. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE AMERICA! (Want to see my flag pin?) It's just that American movies have a pretty canned line of making movies, and most of the time with happy resolutions. If not, there's still some sort of resolution. European movies can just end. Period. I like that because you think...Hmmm...wonder why the director left it there? Does that give us a clue as to who really did it? That was the end of what he/she wanted to say? Get the point here?

Now I love me some SNL stuff too and romantic comedies, don't get me wrong. My beef is when some director/producer in the U.S. takes a genuine art form and beats it close to death with a bloody cleaver and calls it the American version with Hollywood beauties and billions of dollars (See - "The Eye," "The Ring," "City of Angels," etc.). Give me a break - it's all about the story, dude.

No comments: