So many things have happened in the last few days. Thing 2 came back from the beach. I hate to admit it, but it was very nice to have one gone for a week. The house was much more quiet. Thing 1 has been diligent on working on the new-to-him-car. And the 4-year old has managed a record number of bumps, bruises and scrapes due to his daredevil nature. I swear we're on DHR's list somewhere. This kid loves to jump from the bed to the floor and find any possible rough edge in the house with his arm or leg. It doesn't help that he won't stop picking at places and refuses to wear band-aids.
In this invisible turn of the season, summer band is starting back, orientation for Thing 2 was this morning, and we're gearing up for another school year, including the start of K4. Not to mention Wal-Mart has already put out their school supplies in the seasonal aisle and end caps.
So comes another year - teachers they hate and love, lost locker combinations, new parking spaces and questionable lunches. This year is particularly painful for me because it will be Thing 1's last year in school, Thing 2's first year of high school and the 4-year old's first year of kindergarden. It's also my last year being home half the time as I should graduate in May '09 and start a full time job shortly after. I plan to savor this bittersweet time and make changes for the future. And I'm not alone, my husband already has plans on making Thing 1's room into his new office!

No comments:
Post a Comment