About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Car Redeux

As previously reported, Thing 1's new-to-him car has a few things wrong with it. Namely, it's a safety hazard. The headlights were clouded over, the seatbelts didn't retract and there were numerous other issues - so much so that I agreed with my husband not to let anyone drive it until major repairs had been made. Things like the non-functioning CD player were not deemed a big deal to us yet are probably seen as disasterous to the teen. But he realizes first things are first.

Sensing the urgency to redeem this teen's social status in his senior year, we (meaning my husband) ordered parts from all over the U.S. (it's a FORD, remember) to start working on the car. The goal is to get it in working condition before school starts. It is Thing 1's burning desire to have it fixed before band camp, which is a full week away. So each day, Thing 1 is on his perch looking out for those poor UPS and FedEx men. Yesterday, I swear he heard the sound of hydraulic breaks and rushed to the door with open arms.

No comments: