About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Wal-Mart-orama

In class we've been talking about the evils - say this with a nasty voice - evils, I say - of Wal-Mart. I know better than most about their agendas and deals. But frankly, I have vivid memories of when the SUPER (da ta da) Wal-Mart moved in right behind the recently abandonded shell of a building that was the old, regular Wal-Mart several years ago. When my older kids saw the SUPER Wal-Mart for the first time, they sucked air in awesomeness.
They said it was j u s t l i k e Six Flags.
Opening day attractions and balloons - check
Ocean of black asphalt - check
Huge bright lights - check
People scrambling to get in - check
Bright colors and signs - check
Numbers on the rows for parking (in case you get lost) - check
Food stand inside - check (McDonald's)
Fat lady, bearded lady, "little people," the illustrated man, etc. - check
Greeters - check
Souviners - check
Rides - check (buggy)
Getting in and out without having a ding on your car: priceless.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

don't forget the Hallelujah chorus in the background...