We looked at 4 yr old’s toe last night and realized it was getting much, much worse. I thought of taking a picture but you’d think I was a horrible parent to have let it go on that long. He moaned out several times last night, too (via the monitor). So I made an appointment and Granddad and I took him this morning to meet the podiatrist. I’d seen this doc before and he’d handled my two big toes and those of Thing 2 as well (remember, I said this ran in my side of the family).
Without going in to too many gory details, I held him down, the doc and the assistant got in the numbing shot, we waited, and then Granddad and I held him down for the removal of both sides of the big toe nail. Through all this we heard a series of pleas from “I don’t like doctors!!!” to “It is all better!!!” and my personal favorite, “I’ve got to peeeeee!!!!” He really did pee after it was over – and the whole time he was peeing, he said he didn’t like doctors.
Ford Man got off early and we haven’t looked at the wound yet, as per instructions. The doc and his assistant said the more infected it was, the more it would bleed. It bled like a … well, you know, at the office today. The moment of truth is in the morning.
After a good dose of Motrin, he was much better this afternoon, lounging on the sofa barking orders for Gatorade and a pillow. He came back alive later and is now happily in the transition to sleepy time with the help of yet more Motrin.
I’ll try to write more this weekend to give an update.

No comments:
Post a Comment