About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Road to Wellness

We're gradually getting better. Although the thought of all the homework I've got is depressing. Two tests and a report on a book I haven't read yet all due Monday...

At the doctor's visit today I begged for steriods, and I got them - YES! Plus samples of the antibiotic I was already on. So I hope to be back to my usual self soon. About time - I've had this crud for almost a month now.

I've got to start working on all those college applications for Thing 1. I'm so not prepared for this despite making a calendar, chart and keeping every flyer and postcard from all these colleges. The mail for college is kept in a box by the front door. And it is FULL. I can't believe how much colleges mail out in hopes your kid might be slightly interested. I wish they'd spend less time marketing and more time allowing people like ME have a more affordable tuition.

Just as an update, 4 yr-old had his last toe check up Monday and all was well. As he left the office, he told everyone in the waiting room that he didn't cry - to which everyone in the waiting room cheered for him. That kid has an audience everywhere he goes.

No comments: