So tonight I went to the first meeting of the yearbook staff for 4 yr-old's school/daycare. Yes, K4 has a yearbook with the rest of the Christian school. There were a few ladies at the meeting and we were smiling and looking through yearbook cover ideas when the bomb hit. Or should I say SHE walked in the door, cell phone in tow, talking, l o u d l y.
Not only was she the mouth of the meeting, I felt overrun by her. She was mostly negative about the prior year yearbook, despite her having been on the committee that year. Talk to the mirror, dear.
She said I talked too low and asked everyone if they could hear me. Really, I was trying to talk in a NORMAL voice instead of a EVERYONE HEAR ME AND MY IDEAS voice. I can't imagine why she couldn't hear me - she was standing right behind me hovering over the idea book.
So, I must have SUCKER written on my face again. Why do I get into these things? Because I think I can make a difference and do something that will help my child. Downside: I go crazy over it because I want to just say, "Guys, enough of this. Just give it to me and I'll email to you next week completely done." And it will be. This goes against the committee feel, I'm sure, but I can see why nothing really gets accomplished in meetings at school now.
I was fighting every urge to take over in the business style I'm used to doing. If it's going astray, go back to the main issue, set a time, make the decision and get out - go home!
I may need some extra prayer for getting through this. But I'm hoping what I put into it will be reflected in my kid's happiness. AND, I'm hoping this will help me get experience in yearbook stuff as I've GOT to find a teaching job in May. Keeping those fingers crossed...

4 comments:
YOU'RE NOT A SUCKER!!
You are a great mom who is doing a great job.
That lady obviously is overcompensating for some serious issues.
I'll need you to keep reminding me...
girl you take that thing over! what are you waiting for????
I don't know. I asked about it this morning at school because I haven't received my email from the group yet. I don't want the responsibility but I do want to have fun and get out a quality product. And then I remind myself that I am dealing with irrational people and it all goes to, well you know.
Post a Comment