About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Another Wednesday

Yesterday I had two tests and a presentation with a paper on a 400-page book. I spent most of the weekend reading my books and studying so today is more of a down day, although I've got to go out later and get some stuff done and goodness knows there's plenty to do here.

In the meantime, I looked online for an episode of one of my favorite shows of all time - Little House on the Prairie. I came across a song in one of those dedication youtube kind of things. I don't know how to describe it except that as soon as the first lines played, I started crying. That doesn't happen often. As odd as it may sound, I know this song is about young love, but I kept picturing my oldest going away and leaving home. Probably silly but it's finally happened. I am coming to grips with him leaving home. When you get a chance, listen to the full song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jqkui2vIKo&feature=related

1 comment:

Jamie said...

and now you have me crying!

great song