About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Youngsters

I love how my 4 yr old calls a zebra, "erisa," and toucan is "cock-toe." (But he can say kookaburra just fine.) Don't ask me how or why, but that's what he's called these animals for over a year. Yes, we tried to get him to change some of these, but he won't. And I'll admit it is pretty cute.

So while I'm pondering his accomplishments and reviewing our parent-teacher meeting last night, I'm watching part of the Today Show. There's this 9 yr old boy who can play blues guitar like any adult I've seen on TV. The parents seem pretty hands-off so this is all kid. Unbelieveable. If you get the chance, see the clip of him at this link or search him on youtube. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/26867502#26867502

P.S. Just so you know, last night I cooked Tyson's frozen fried chicken strips that you throw in the oven and packaged frozen mac & cheese. 4 yr old ate every bite. So I guess the rule is if it's loaded with chemicals and preservatives, he'll eat it.

No comments: