I know most of my friends will dismiss this immediately. Maybe I need to find some hard core sci-fi friends this semester, but frankly, those folks usually scare me. Anyway, a new season of Battlestar Galactica comes on next week and I am so stoked! If you haven't seen the show (the new one, not the 80s version - but Richard Hatch is in both), you have missed a sci-fi space sex rock opera. That's the way I explain it to people. There's bed hopping, mostly with one of the religious leaders, military attacks, mind games, various sorts of music, a race of people striving to serve a god (but they aren't human) and a struggle for the existence of humanity. That being said, there are twists all over. When I thought one person was evil, it turns out he was really the good guy. That kind of good watching. Deductive reasoning. Occam's razor stuff. Brilliant.
I used to listen to the Ron Moore (mastermind behind the series) podcasts, I found him to be an insufferable prick so I stopped listening. He just went on and on about himself other than the real reason people tuned in - the SHOW. As it turns out, he's mentioned several hints about the final cylon, to be revealed this last season. I found some websites and a youtube video that point to the same person. It was as if a light flashed on. It HAS to be this person. And I'm glad because it will make me watch the new series "Caprica" if it's true. Below are the links so if you or someone you know is a fan and wants to know who the final unrevealed cylon is, go here:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/422026/the_last_cylon_who_is_the_fifth_of.html?cat=9
My geeky best to you.

2 comments:
Heyyy!!!
Don't be afraid to show inner geekiness!!! I think people are just afraid to show it!! hahaha lol. I'm glad you explained your findings of who the last Cylon is. I feel soo stupid!! They told us who it was from the get-go!! lol. Now I am even more stoked about next Friday than before! And also thanks for explaining why the last episode of SG-Atlantis ended like it did. I was soo disappointed about it, but now I completely understand. I didn't even know there was going to be a movie! I need to do more reading in the forums and fan sites!! I'll chat with you later!!
-Aznchlt
I have a further theory regarding Kera Thrace. Without sounding blasphemous, I think she is the "Jesus" character. She died, came back to life, and will unite the groups on a new Earth. What do you think?
Post a Comment