About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Make.It.Stop.

This is my last semester of college as an undergraduate and I may not make it. Seriously.

I went to my Physical Science class yesterday. Know what the professor had us do? After he went on and on and lectured about measurements FOREVER (when will I ever use the measurement “slug?” - okay, on Jeopardy), he gave us 15 minutes to form a team of 4, measure the room, account for cabinets and pillars, and find the volume of the room in METERS and then measure an empty coffee can and find its volume and then determine how many coffee cans would fit in the room based on volume. In case you are curious, it was close to 200,000. I looked at those 19 year olds and promised them that in the REAL WORLD, they’d never do that. I said I’d lived 40 years without ever having to do that and they would too. Anyway, I was late for my last class and had to sit in the floor since there were no more seats. It’s a 2 hour and 40 minute class. That may be all fine and dandy for you younger folks, but it's not that great to me.

What's worse is that I've attached some sort of personality to my Physical Science book. I can feel it looking at me on the couch. It's beckoning me to pick it up, look at it and ooh and ahh over the subtleties of metric conversion. I'm just so not into him. No matter how that book looks at me, I can't be attracted to it.

I'm going to fail out my last semester - I can feel it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

NO YOU WON'T!!

Keep at it, Beth. You are smarter than all those other pricks. You can do it. Throw that book across the room and show it who is boss.

I love you.

You're a WINNER!!
::sparkle sparkle::

bethbbk said...

Yesterday was better in the lab. I hope you are right. I know if I'd taken the science classes first, I'd have dropped out. I really like science on TV and in movies, but I don't like stuff in classes. Even cooking is scientific - goes in like gloop and comes out looking like a cake.

Anonymous said...

19 year olds are stupid. It's been proven time and time again.