I'm a mom and live in the South. My life is unpredictable at best. This is my attempt at sharing some of it with you. I'd love hearing from you, even if you just stopped by.
About Me
- bethbbk
- Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
- Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Leaving, On a Jet Plane
Ford man had to attend a training session in Michigan - where it's a LOT colder than Alabama. This meant we took 4-yr old to the airport. Nothing we could have said would have prepared him for the event. As we got close to the airport, he pointed out all the planes in the air. Then when we got to the gates of the airport, he was kind of scared because of the tall walls and lit direction lights. To him this didn't look like a normal parking deck. We parked in short-term parking (now called "hourly") and walked Daddy down to the observation area, where he stayed with us until he had to join the hundreds of people in line to get frisked. As an extra-special treat, I got us TCBY frozen chocolate yogurt while we watched the planes come in and go out. 4-yr old was SO EXCITED every time he saw one land or take off. And everywhere we went in the airport, he shouted HI and waved to people. It was a one-man welcoming committee. They also had soft rock muzak playing, so he was a boogie machine. It was really fun - but now comes the hard work. I just take for granted how much my husband does until he's gone. And I can't wait for him to get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't know how single parents do it. When Al is gone more than a couple of days, I feel overwhelmed. We do such a good job of tag teaming with responsibilities. Don't shy away from asking the older ones to help.
What, and interrupt their social schedules? Surely you jest! Right now I'm dropping everything and getting their physical forms together and driving them over to the school because they "forgot" to tell me when the deadline was to turn them in so they get to play the first game. God bless my future daughters in law.
Your daughter in laws....Kate keeps telling me after husband #1 and then after husband #2 etc. I ask her "What's going on with the husbands?" She tells me "everyone knows that wives outlive their husbands". God help all of us! She thinks she'll outlive at least 4! How old will these poor men be I wonder.
Isn't sad that our children have fuller social lives than we do? This is not how I thought it would be :(
Post a Comment