My two older kids are much older than 4-yr old. It's been a long time since the tiny Legos were out. 4-yr old has fallen in love with them, and to us, that means a quiet constructive time before bed. He still loves doing puzzles and watching old cartoons, but tries to fit in a little Lego building. It's amazing how kids fall in love with them. And now they've got so many different kinds: Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. I'll admit they are a little addictive. Once you build a house (his current request), you start putting in trees and then a garage and then, before you know it, the family needs a boat and car. Is there anything that you can't make with a Lego? The only drawback to all this is that 4-yr old is adamant the Legos are HIS. He refuses to think that the older kids ever had any part in them because they are HIS! We're still working on the sharing stuff.
I'm a mom and live in the South. My life is unpredictable at best. This is my attempt at sharing some of it with you. I'd love hearing from you, even if you just stopped by.
About Me
- bethbbk
- Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
- Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Lego Me
My two older kids are much older than 4-yr old. It's been a long time since the tiny Legos were out. 4-yr old has fallen in love with them, and to us, that means a quiet constructive time before bed. He still loves doing puzzles and watching old cartoons, but tries to fit in a little Lego building. It's amazing how kids fall in love with them. And now they've got so many different kinds: Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. I'll admit they are a little addictive. Once you build a house (his current request), you start putting in trees and then a garage and then, before you know it, the family needs a boat and car. Is there anything that you can't make with a Lego? The only drawback to all this is that 4-yr old is adamant the Legos are HIS. He refuses to think that the older kids ever had any part in them because they are HIS! We're still working on the sharing stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It is funny how they do that. My step-children have formed memories with things that they didn't play with at all but now think they did because they love them. At first this weirded me out but now I just roll with it. Legos are so cool. Katie has a guy friend who wants to be a designer for Legos. I told her she should keep an eye on him. Have you seen some of the Lego videos on UTUBE. They are crazy. My fav is the Eddie Izard Darth Vadar cafeteria one. Ok...I really do like Legos. Ummm, does my being 46 and counting matter?
Have a great day!
Cathy - I just saw it! Sooo funny! "Yes, I'm Jeff Vader, alright."
I guess I forgot to mention that I, too, like playing with the legos. 4-yr old wants me to build houses for him and he builds the boats and cars to go with it. Apparently, I have an untapped skill as a builder. And I'm 40.
As for Katie's guy friend, he'll grow out of it. For YEARS my oldest child said he wanted to grow up to be a pyrotechnician and blow stuff up for a living. Yes, every mother's dream.
We accumulated three giant buckets of lego as I was growing up, but it was mostly just the basic lego. None of this specialty stuff.
And speaking of cool stuff you can build with lego, have you seen this???
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lights/sets/72157607839402380/
Oh my gods! That is unfrakkin believable! Thanks for showing me.
There's a rumor in the Senecal clan that Jacob built a VCR out of legos that you could put a VHS in. There was light that came on when you put the VHS in the Lego VCR.
Hmmm. I can believe that. But where is it now?
Post a Comment