As mentioned in my previous post, Thing 1 had to send in additional information for a potential scholarship offered to his first choice college. I got all the info together and drove the school administration crazy yesterday to find out his rank and such. I pulled it together, made him a cover sheet and resume, got him to look at it all in the short time span he was at home. He reviewed and signed it. Then I ran to the post office and got it mailed with a confirmation receipt. Why did I do this when I had to have it postmarked today? Because I am
my mother's child. Something will go wrong. I knew it in my gut and had it in early. And to prove my point, I checked online this afternoon at the usps.com website and this is what I saw (below). So it hasn't even left Birmingham yet. Great.
1) Please pray this got there safely and on time.
2) Please pray they accept this and offer him the scholarship.
 |
 |  |  |
 | Label/Receipt Number: 0308 1400 0001 5649 1792 Status: Missent
Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. |
3 comments:
Oh. My. God. I've seen a lot of different Delivery Confirmation messages since I mail out almost every day, but never saw that one!
But hey, they KNOW they missent it -- at least it didn't say "lost" or "delivered" and it's to the wrong address. Been there, oh yes. Been there
This a new one on me too and I have a love/hate relationship with USPS. I'll be praying for you!
Good news, guys. The message today said it made it to Huntsville's main post office. We'll see if it gets to UAH on Monday. Keep praying!
Thanks,
Beth
Post a Comment