If you've ever heard the voice of Rex in "Toy Story" or seen "The Princess Bride," you know Wallace Shawn. For years I've been saying he's one of the more underrated actors.Despite the Cookie Monster jacket he's wearing in this picture (not sure why), he seems like a really good guy - probably not one to steal your cookies. He never went into acting as a career. He was in script writing and kind of got sucked into it. I still don't think he considers himself a true actor. He recently did an interview with The AV Club, which you can read here. In it, he outlines several of his roles and writing projects. If you are a fan, it's worth a look. The article briefly acknowledges his time on "The Cosby Show" as he was the neighbor with the super-fast car, the Vesuvius. Remember? Don't make me so old that I have to tell you what "The Cosby Show" was...
Anyway, the only issue I have with Wallace Shawn (other than occasionally flipping his name around) is that he looks so much like my old boss. That part is creepy now. In fact, I remember when I was still working there, people had an aside game to get him to say "inconceivable!" Yep, just like Vizzini in "The Princess Bride."

2 comments:
And let's not forget his role on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as the Grand Nagus! Probably my second favourite role of his after Vizzini.
I know! He'll forever live in StarTrek fame!
Post a Comment