Did my guardian angel know she was working overtime this week?
I know it is just Wednesday, but it has been a very eventful week so far. My eldest had a car wreck. He has a red mustang and he absolutely loves it. Maybe I should say "loved" it. He wrecked while swerving to avoid hitting a dog and ended up hitting a brick wall. Yes, really. A brick wall. He's stiff and hurts but okay. The dog is fine, in case you are wondering. His car, however, is not. At this very moment, I'm waiting to hear from our insurance company to see if it is totaled. Everyone at the scene said it was, but you know how people speculate.
We got the call late Monday night and my son was screaming. (BTW - never a good thing to get a call late at night from a number you don't recognize.) He had wrecked not even a block from our house. (Somewhere statisticians are going - SEE, we told you most accidents occur within 5 miles of your home.) My husband did everything with my son (his step-son). I stayed at home with the rest of the house. It was at least 90+ outside that night and they both came home drenched in sweat. Someone witnessed it, let my son use his phone and then talked to the police. I think everything may turn out okay. I really hope so.
So Jamie, you know I had you running through my mind for the past two days. Remember when you had that wreck and said you didn't even know there was a sign there??? Was that the wreck in your mustang???
I think sometimes God has a way of putting things in our paths early on so that when bigger stuff happens, we're sort of prepared. I have to say that I had a bizarre kind of calm about the whole thing. My heart sank, yes. I prayed. I just knew that as long as my kid had the voice to call, it was going to be okay.
So we might be back in the looking-for-a-used-car mode again. And see, I've been through it before and will know much more about what I'm looking at this time around. I don't recommend making a bunch of mistakes to learn a lesson, but it seems that's what it takes for some people.
Not to make this sound any more dramatic, but my middle child has some emotional problems. This is not a secret and he will talk about it if asked. He's not doing well right now and I had to take him to the doc yesterday. It seems the thought of his brother going off to college and all the changes he'll have to do on his own at high school have driven him down to depression. I sent him off to his paternal grandparents for a little pampering and individual attention. Remember him, if you would.
And finally, my big 5 year old has a royal sunburn. He is the single most stubborn person I have ever been in contact with my whole life. There is no reasoning. Period. Why, you may ask, is he sunburned? Well, I slathered that whiter-than-white kid down with sunscreen and put him in a white t-shirt and swim trunks for splash day at day care and they took off his shirt, exposing untreated glow-white skin to 100 degree (F) sun. He's blistered, peeled, blistered, peeled again... I called his doc and got some kind of silver cream (with real silver) to go over the bad spots. It is like being a competitor in the Ultimate Fighting Challenge only he's escaped the octagon and is running through the aisles. He doesn't want cream on him and picks the dead skin off himself. Even the back part. He does some contortionist move to get to the hard parts of his back. And tomorrow is another splash day. I'm going to see if I can come "help" in case the same thing happens again. I have had several people suggest that I should just put "Do not remove" on his shirt, but I think that will just piss people off. Suggestions, anyone?
I'm a mom and live in the South. My life is unpredictable at best. This is my attempt at sharing some of it with you. I'd love hearing from you, even if you just stopped by.
About Me
- bethbbk
- Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
- Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.
4 comments:
Oh my you have had the week from "down under"! Bless your heart and I mean that in the nice way not the way we Southerners say it when we want to attach a not nice comment ;). I'll pray for you guys and you know I would tell them not to take off his shirt for any reason. He's your boy and you have to repair the damage to his pristine baby skin.
As for #2, My kids could tell you that going to "therapy" is wonderful. Awkard at first but liberating. Hannah and Kate used to joke and ask me when I was mad about something "And how does it really make you feel Mom?" "what do you really think that means?" and other stuff like that. We have all been in as a family, couple and individually and it does help. I think all teenagers should get a few hours of it just to get stuff off their chests. I'll pray for him and ask the girls too as well. Love ya and mean it!
is it bad that I don't remember that accident? and I've had three accidents in two different mustangs...so the chances are HIGH that the one you are thinking of was in a mustang. You have had one heck of a week my friend. How 'bout I sent you a summer music CD? Okay, I will!
Cathy, that is hysterical. I am oh so glad to tell them how I "feel"... I bet you are too.
I'm going to meet the kids at the splash park in an hour. I just need to make sure his shirt stays on and I reapply sunscreen.
Jamie - I would LOVE a mixed tape by DJ Jam.
LOL you said "mixed tape"
Post a Comment