Since my last post, several entertainers have passed. Farrah, Michael, Ed and most surprisingly, Billy Mays. When my older kids told me Sunday that Billy Mays had passed, they ran upstairs and proclaimed that there must really BE a death note because now Billy Mays is dead.
I'm not writing this because I'm glad any of these people are no longer with us. I'm writing this because these deaths were so random. Don't you think it is odd??? Dare I ask why not Madoff or Scrushy instead? Or Ann Coulter? Not that I wish these people dead either, but this was a hefty blow to all areas of the entertainment world, don't you think?
As a child, I pretended to be Charlie's Angels with my sister and neighbor as we watched every episode. (I was Kate Jackson.) I hate that she had to endure cancer for so long, but I'm glad her family was close to her in her last days.
And Lord knows how many times I listened to MJ, watched his videos and sang along in the car. I remember when "Thriller" came out on MTV, where I was (at my cousin's house) and how I felt when I watched it. In high school band, we did several MJ numbers in our field shows.
Ed, well he was old, but I thought he was doing better since doing all those Cash for Gold commercials. He was a great sidekick to Johnny's crack-ups as I watched The Tonight Show growing up, even if it was past my bedtime.
But Billy, that was just a shocker. As many times as I'd wish he'd shut up screaming for me to buy his products, I never wished the man any more than that.
I hope these families find some peace.

1 comment:
It certainly was a sad week this past week. Mom always said deaths ran in threes but it went alittle too far this past week. It's hard watching it on tv all week.
Post a Comment