About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Monday, June 1, 2009

One Down, Two to Go

I HAVE MY NEW CAMERA! See, a photo!

Thing 1 (again, not his real name) graduated from high school this week. We were all pretty happy to have this day come and go as he's pretty much focused on college for the last month. You know, what to buy, the computer he wants, the room set-up, etc. He graduated with honors. I know, you're thinking braggity-brag-brag-brag. Well, he turned out a lot better than I did at that age, so give me a line or two, please.
This is a picture of the family, minus 4-yr old, who was at his grandparents. My husband and I are silently sighing we've got one down (hooray!), Thing 1 is thinking "another photo" and Thing 2 got lost from us in the building so I think he's just pissed at me here. There was one thing to say about the ceremony - too many people. Around 250 graduates were in attendance and each one got 8 tickets ( you know I'm not good at math, but that's a lot of people). Because the high school is under construction, they had the ceremony at the largest church in the area. Either they didn't figure all the people given tickets would show up or they didn't realize how fat the people in this town are. There was absolutely no room. I'm sure had the fire department come by, they would have shut it down due to code. I would, however, like to report that I didn't go into a claustrophobic breakdown.
And on those notes, I have to say that I'm pretty unhappy with my pictures from that night because I look huge. I've decided that I'm going to have to work on that more. I've got to find a job and I can't imagine people looking at me and thinking I'm the picture of health carrying around the equivalent weight of a preschooler around my middle and booty (and let's not talk about the neck). While I honestly don't exercise much, I eat really well. I have very large people on one side of the family while the other side is large, it is still a far cry from the other. So I know genetics are behind (oh, snap) some of the issue. I'll have to work on getting in "interview shape."
Will you help? (Sounds like a plea to help overseas kids.) I'm open to advice, but I must warn you that I'm asthmatic and allergic to almost everything (but not food). I'm one of the whitest people you will ever meet (no sun) and I don't drink alcohol. I have mitral valve prolapse, so running up steps will not be the best plan. I anxiously await your helpful hints.

2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

congrats!

Laura said...

crunchity-crunch-crunches on your bedroom floor every night before bed.


Of course, I am preaching to myself as well.