About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Guess WHAT?

I saved up my money from graduation and bought a small, much less fabulous than the previous, new digital camera. The camera bitching is over.

I plan on using the camera soon, so get ready. I'm very excited to have a camera in my life again. Not that I'm a great picture-taker (or subject), but I do enjoy capturing things through the lens. My sister, Laura, is the best photographer of us girls. Maybe after the gaggle of people leave her house she can teach me all she knows. (She's also a great host as she's got a dozen people over for a week or so and one for the entire summer. I'd go crazy!!!)

My oldest is graduating high school this week and that is part of the source of our most recent family drama. Along with Mothers' Day, but...that's another story... I'm only getting 8 tickets to graduation so we have to figure out who we love the most. Or who we want to piss off... Please wish me luck. Cathy, if you are laughing, remember that you'll be going through this soon enough!

On a different note, Friday a friend of mine told me she was getting a divorce. My mood has been in a super funk ever since she told me. I wish I could help but I know there's little I can do.

More later, and hopefully with pix.
Beth

P.S. Anyone reading the Percy Jackson series - similar to Harry Potter except it is Greek Mythology? Let me know. I'm in book 2.

3 comments:

Laura said...

BOOO on the friend getting divorced. I know it is painful for him/her and also for those that know the couple.

Yaaaay for all the compliments. I wish I could say I am a strong person and can accept them, but all the merlot in my stomach wouldn't appreciate that. I cope just like any other person. Thank you and I love you very very much.

I totally understand about the tickets. I will just send him a card with $$ in it. :)

Laura said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR CAMERA!!!

bethbbk said...

The camera is okay. I took pictures with it today at Dad's. I'll post some later in the week so you can see how they turn out.