I went to Thing 1's Award Night for the seniors at his school. I was very proud. I was also amazed at where some of these kids are going to college. One young lady is going to Georgetown to study foreign languages to eventually work for the government. That's ambition! I wasn't anywhere near being that "together" at that age.
The book in which I have an article has still not been published due to differences between the publisher and the university. I am hoping that everything will be resolved within the month and I can show you pictures of the book cover. I'm attempting to be more involved with the group and it may lead to more writing avenues.
I'm on the hunt for a real paying job with benefits. It is very difficult with the economy but I'm not letting that get me down. Hopefully somewhere the perfect job is ready for me. While I really want to teach, I know that applying to all those administrative jobs is the backup plan. And who knows? Maybe it will help me get into and through grad school. Keep your fingers crossed.
Things 1 and 2 are in Virginia Beach on a band trip. I would say things here have been quiet except the neighbors had a VERY LOUD party last night. Let's just say we are looking into fences this week. You can email if you want to hear me rant about the cars parked within inches of my house on my lawn, next to my garden, etc.
Ford Man and I took 4-yr old to Chic-fil-a (his favorite place to eat) and to the Zoo. He had play day that morning at kindergarten too, so he was one very, very tired kid at bedtime. Here's a pic from our day yesterday.

5 comments:
The Zoo! Did you see the new rhinos? We hope to stop by there on brief trip to the Ham so I can see the new rhinos. Boy, do I miss it there!
Luvs...
We didn't get to see the new rhinos but saw almost everything else. We got pretty tired. There were at least 30 school buses there as well. It was packed!
HOORAY!!! You are back.
I love the picture. Sweet little man.
Good Luck on the job hunt. I hear that UNA is always hiring..... :)
You are back! Hooray! He looks pretty happy in the photo. I love zoos. The last time I took the girls to the zoo we saw Meg Ryan! I couldn't speak of course but she smiled and said "HI". Too sweet. I know the neighbor thing. Our neighbor is building an addition while her husband is in Iraq and the construction guys are very, very crude! And here I am with 5 girls in the house! Sweetie, I feel your pain....
Wow - Meg Ryan. Lucky.
As far as the fence, one relative suggested we plant a border, but I honestly think those people would just run over it with their riding lawnmower. So we're looking at expensive fences. I hate we'll have to pay for what I consider part of their fence too. But if it keeps people from parking right under my kids' windows...
Post a Comment