Admit it, you can just do mental age progression and see the khaki slacks and blue button down with that face, can't you? And folks, he's better than I am at Wubbzy's fish game. He gets very irritated with me when I can't move the right/left/up/down keys as fast as he's shooting those bubbles at the fish with the space bar. Several times I've played with him he's stopped mid-game to demand that Dad come help him because Dad knows how to win. I'm just a girl, apparently...
Do most 5 year olds know how to go to the internet, Nick Jr/Noggin/Disney, click on games and go at it? If he had the passwords, he'd probably be on it all the time. "Timing out" as we call it is the only thing stopping this kid from being on it all the time. We secretly wonder if he'll start writing code before he turns 6.
He's never been a huge TV kid. He has always loved games, books, puzzles and Legos. But lately, he's taken to being on the computer all the time. We try to entice him with other things but he really wants to be on the computer. We need to get the Nick Jr. monkey off his back.
And if that were the only thing we'd have to worry about, I think we could deal. See we have this ritual in which I read him a story or two and then Daddy leaves and it's just me and 5-yr old time for about 5-10 minutes. He tells me about his day and silly jokes and what he's going to do the next day, etc. Last night I asked him about school, more specifically, if there were any pretty girls in his class. He put his head right over mine and whispered, "A LOT of them." Boy, we are in it with this one.

5 comments:
I'm sitting here giggling at your future demise. Oh yeah, it's always the youngest and the baby who wins over girls/guys. I should know since I've married three husbands and all of them the babies in their families. Maybe being on the computer will slow his skills in social situations with the "ladies". lol
Or they'll be calling him to come fix their computers...
GIrl... It happens. Anne has been playing Mario before she was 3. And she was GOOD. Like, she knew where the trap doors and stuff were. We don't have cable, so if we ever do watch TV, it is PBS stuff. I think the computer games online now are really great for kids, especially when it teaches them amazing things to help them in the arts/music/technology/math. I believe we will see more computers in classrooms as this generation gets older, don't you?
Give him a kiss for me!!! (and a caramel.)
It's Ford Man Jr! That is so cute...watch out Bill Gates
He really is cute. It's aggravating how much time he spends on it; but still nice to see the competitive edge with his determined little face looking up at the screen.
Post a Comment