About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Alabama Tragedy

Several of my friends and family have contacted me regarding my son who attends the college in Alabama where the fatal shootings occurred. He is fine. He called me to say he couldn't get around all the police and ambulances yesterday after his math class. Thank you for being concerned. Please pray for the families of those affected by the shootings and keep the entire campus family in your thoughts. Thanks.
Beth

5 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

I am so sorry to hear that your son is at the school where this happened. such a terrible thing....

bethbbk said...

Thanks, Songbird. He's home now. The school has been very good to the kids, offering counseling and other help. My son said the president went to all the kids' dorms and encouraged them to go home for the week. He's been wearing blue and white to support his school. Please keep these folks in your prayers. I cannot imagine how hard it will be to replace these teachers mid-semester, how these families must be dealing with unexpected deaths and how the students must be trying to cope losing their mentors.

Jax said...

Just swung by through OWOH. You are offering my favorite movie that I already own so I am not commenting there but while browsing around I read your post here. Thank God your son is ok and I hope he is doing ok through the tragedy.
Jax

Anonymous said...

A prayer for you.

This is another horrible and senseless tragedy. I hope you and your family find this prayer well, as I am sure this event will change your life path forever.

all the best, Dena

bethbbk said...

Thanks so much (new and old) friends. More is coming out about her, and I wonder if there was a background check. Maybe it would have caught her previous behavior...
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2010/02/amy_bishop_charged_with_2002_a.html