About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Random Questionnaire

I swiped this questionnaire from one of the Blogs of Note, Someday I'll Get There. She seems to do a lot of these, so I may swipe some more.

1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I really wanted to be Diana Ross up until 3rd grade, at which time I then wanted to be a genetic researcher. After science and math in college, I knew this was only a dream.

2. What have you done in the past week to help someone else? Sometimes I help other students at college. I was interviewed by a local TV station when I was interviewing for a job Friday. It was heartfelt about why I wanted to be a teacher. They used someone else's interview on TV though. I called both of my sisters to check on them this week. (I love my step sister but I Facebook'ed her.)

3. Who is the best-dressed person you know? Those ambassador kids from UAB who (bless their hearts) have to go around school all day dressed in a suit and tie. I feel for them - it's Alabama!

4. What is on your nightstand? Oh my, a bunch of stuff. I have a lamp, a set of drawers that sits like a hutch on my nightstand that holds miscellaneous lip balms and hair accoutrements, a Bible, and cotton to function as earplugs. I have an alarm clock that's set to atomic time (which I don't trust) and a box of menthol Kleenex. I used to have a nice fake flower arrangement but 4-yr old knocked it off.

5. If you were a cat, what kind of a cat would you be? I have no idea. I'm so allergic to cats that I don't really get to see their personalities. I guess I'd like to be a patchwork coated one.

6. If you lived in a house surrounded by acres of trees, what particular type of tree would you want flourishing on your land? Do I have to choose one type? My favorite trees are Japanese Maples. But it would be nice to have an evergreen in the mix.

7. What do you find to be very overrated? Reality TV.

8. How many email addresses do you have? One official email address. The one at school is redirected. I'm going to open one just for my coupon hunting though.

9. Have you ever felt replaced? At almost every job I've ever had. Without a degree, I was constantly training people to be my boss who knew nothing but had the piece of paper from a college.

10. Would you rather watch football or baseball? College football.

11. What is the wallpaper on your phone?
Some funky thing that came with the phone.

12. Name a lyric from the song you're listening to.
I'm not really listening to a song now, but I've been hearing Paramore's "Decode" in my head for hours. "I think I know."

13. Do you use a feed reader? Sadly, I don't know what this is.

14. What chocolate do you always leave in the box? White. I love dark chocolate and like milk chocolate. Anything lighter is not chocolate!

15. What would you do if you found out your ex is engaged? Happily, my husband is married to me and as for my ex - he is deceased.

16. Do words hurt you? Yes, but I am working on that.

17. Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both? I've been trying to be a better listener. I'm a better talker though - as evidenced by this blog.

18. Have you ever walked on the beach at night? Yes, and I love it.

19. Who is your favorite professional athlete? Maybe Scott Hamilton. I love ice skating. I can't do it but I love watching it. As a child, I had a Dorothy Hamil haircut. I also like professional soccer but I don't watch much of it.

20. Which TV show have you seen pretty much every episode of?
I've seen every episode of Little House on the Prairie, The X-Files, The Lone Gunmen, Millennium, Space: Above and Beyond, all the StarTreks and StarGates and various others. Oh, and let's not forget Battlestar.

Okay - your turn. Let me know you played along.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list - glad you played along.

As for a Feed Reader - it's a GREAT (addicting) little 'tool' that allows you to 'plug in' all the blogs you follow. The best one out there is Google Reader. You just put in the address to the blogs you read and then when the blogs are updated you can see all the updates in one spot! Awesome!! You can then click on the blog name to go directly to the blog and leave a comment, if you wish.

bethbbk said...

Hmmm. I might have to get all techno and try that. Or hire my teens to help me do it.

Danielle Barlow said...

Thankyou for your nice comments on my blog after I moaned and whinged! I promise not to do it again!
Have to disagree with you about the white chocolate though - they are the best! I always eat them first!

bethbbk said...

Danielle - I mean it. Your work is wonderful. I "follow" your work because of one of your etsy pieces I loved with a fox and crow. Such talent. Don't be so hard on yourself.
P.S. I'll give you all my white chocolates.

Laura said...

I learn more and more about you when reading your blog. What did Dad and Mom say when you told them you wanted to be Diana Ross?? Mom would just look at me and say something like " You can be anything, Laura!" Then I grew up and they dashed most of my dreams.
I thought of you the other day when I bought a bar of organic super dark chocolate.
Love youuuu!!

bethbbk said...

Oh Laura! I wanted to be her so badly. My favorite colors were black and white. I wanted a black and white tiled floor. Then I could be friends (later) with Michael Jackson. I loved Diana's hair. I once asked mom for a perm and a black dye job. She said no. I think she thought she was off the hook for awhile until the 80s when I started buying Ebony/Jet because Prince was on the cover. I might have given her a little hell...