About Me

My photo
Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Award Time!

Okay, I'm not sure this is technically an award, but hey, I'll take whatever rolls my way. My sweet friend, Cathy, over at Whippoorwill Wood (http://whippoorwillwood.blogspot.com) sent this to me because she thinks I'm a kindred spirit in this blogging world. She is far more crafty and patient that I am. And I salute her for everything she has accomplished, overcome and for her inspiration to me personally. I hope you visit her site soon.

When accepting this award you have to deliver it to eight other people and include the following text with the award on your site:
"These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends, and they're not interested in self aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."
So after a brief check to see what the word "aggrandizement" meant (make greater, enhance the power, wealth, position, or reputation), here are my eight peeps to visit, and I hope that you do.
1. My sister, Laura's site, The Life and Times of Laura (http://thelifeandtimesoflaura.blogspot.com) Aside from having to grow up with me (poor thing) and being 10 years younger, she is a very sweet and ultra giving person. Just looking at pictures of her three girls makes my day brighter.
2. My pretend sister, Brandice at You're the Boss, Brandice (http://yourethebossbrandice.com) She is actually Laura's sister-in-law from the huge brood of Yankees they married into. Brandice has a cutting wit and writing that will make you scream with hilarity. (No pressure, Brandice.)
3. My long-time bestest, Jamie at One Day I Hope My Life Is a Broadway Musical (http://onedayihopemylifeisabroadwaymusical.blogspot.com) We've known each other for years, for a time worked together and as much as I hate to admit it - she is a lot younger than I am. If I had to sum Jamie up in one word, it would be "funky." Word.
4. Dooce (www.dooce.com). Yes, I'm sure she has every award in the book. Yes, she has a huge following. But really, she cracks me up. If everyone read her blog once a week, people would smile more and thus ensuing the possibility of (gasp) world peace.
5. Anna at The Almost Daily Exploits of Me (http://www.almostdailyexploits.com). While I don't often write in on her blog, I read it a lot. She has some fascinating stuff on there. Living in Alabama my entire life makes me very curious about someone who's lived all over the United Kingdom.
6. Abbie at The Vintage Moth (http://thevintagemoth.blogspot.com) has cool stuff from vintage prints and posters to notes about gardening. She's also one of my Facebook friends so I can catch up with her new stuff even if she hasn't posted. I am in awe of her craftiness.
7. Michael at Chase Images (http://oneloosenut.blogspot.com). He posts pictures every day, usually something around where he lives in the northeast (here in the South we just refer to that place as above the Mason-Dixon line). Often he includes pictures of his dog in his work. You people know I'm not an animal lover because I'm allergic to them all... but I digress... his dog is absolutely gorgeous. Michael is a master professional photographer and I'm so glad I found his site. Every morning I know as sure as the sun is up that he's put another amazing photo up that captivates at least 5 minutes of my staring at the screen.
8. (It is so hard to just narrow it down to 8) Someone I've been reading for a short while is Andrea at Teach Me to Walk (http://teachmetowalk.blogspot.com). She is a very good writer and often mentions her adventures in raising her son (something I can completely relate to).

If I didn't mention you, it's not because I stopped loving you. I'm also not good with math so giving me a number to work with is bad. I was simply pressed for the ones I've been keeping up with. I hope you visit at least one or two of these new awardees.

I'm off to do grocery shopping but will try to make another post before the weekend is out.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Hi Beth!
Thank you for the award! :) I hope to get some new material to post soon, but, wow.. life has been happening! :)
You are such a sweetie!
xoxo~
Abbie

Andrea said...

Thank you so much! I'll try to pass this on soon. :)

Jamie said...

OMG! I'm so excited!