I know I NEVER write 3 times in one day, but I just had to let you know that at almost 10:30 PM our time, we got another automated message from the same fembot voice representing the high school. Apparently the Hazmat folks along with the police and EMTs haven't been able to "contain the situation" so there won't be school for my kids tomorrow.
AGAIN - As kids, we used to get Avon jewelry and roll the mercury around to watch it take off the gold finish for fun. Yep. We lived. Imagine that!
I'm really not trying to downgrade the situation. I'm glad no kids accidentally fell head-first into a beaker of mercury or inhaled fumes. It's just funny to me because we played with it like silly puddy. In fact, my parents sent me to the ER when I was very little because I bit down on my thermometer and it broke in my mouth. Forget the glass, my parents thought I'd die of mercury poisoning.
My husband, Ford Man, is convinced that incident is at the root of my learning disability in math.
I'm a mom and live in the South. My life is unpredictable at best. This is my attempt at sharing some of it with you. I'd love hearing from you, even if you just stopped by.
About Me
- bethbbk
- Where Gravy Is a Side Dish, United States
- Ever hear that everyone can do something well, especially with practice? Well.. my kids will tell you, my singing brings hands to ears and the neighbor's dogs wailing. In fact, I'm not good at a lot of things. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier, cleaner, more organized and fun.
7 comments:
I was getting ready to sign off and saw this. Oh my God! It sounds just like that school here! They had said some kid had tracked it out to the playground and they had to remove all the contaminated soil! Yeah, we lived. What the heck is the matter with these people? Are your kids on cloud nine? What do they have to contain? News at 11!
It is quite obvious that my mind is swinging around with a gazillion thought too many. Sorry for the disjointed message above.
Maybe it's me, but it made perfect sense.
From what some of the people have reported, a thermometer broke in a classroom (I guess, Science class??) and they had a lock down until the Hazmat folks got there with the police and fire department. Then they evaluated kids (not sure how). After about 2 1/2 hours, they let all the kids go home. Should I be looking for impaired mental faculty signs??? :-) And, better question, how would I know?
Oh gosh. That explains so much about you. KIDDING!! I did it too.. but I am dysfunctional in Math also.
Even,Math used to be the last subject I would read...:) I Hate Math...:) BTW I have started a new blog dedicated to my sketch work — Art on Sketchbook
Great blog - I love your sense of humour.
I've got a math block too, though my husband says it's because I'm lazy, nothing as cool as mercury to blame.
Sandra - Thanks! If only I could blame it all on the mercury. Sadly, my inability to comprehend numbers and their functions is at the root of my problem. I blame it on gender bias mostly. If the girls had been given more attention in math at a younger age, I think we would have come out better by high school. So ironically, I'm really good in literature, reading, vocabulary and history. Things girls are supposed to be good at in school.
Post a Comment